3. You hand the person in front of you at the DMV a tissue when he sneezes.
5. You chant “Ten Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed” to yourself while walking down the street.
6. You can turn a simple nature walk or trip to the grocery store into an action-packed learning adventure…..and connect it to early learning standards.
7. You know that when children draw, paint, make art - it’s about the process and not the product.
8. You use the term “phonemic awareness” in your day-to-day conversations.
9. You can count a group of children in 5 seconds.
11. You explain to parents in the park how much their kids are learning when they dig in the dirt.
12. Because the children nap at school, they think you sleep (and live) there too!
13. You print more pictures of the young children in your class than your own family.
14. You deserve a Nobel Peace Prize for the arguments you’ve mediated and tantrums you’ve redirected.
15. You know that even though your paycheck does not reflect the work that you do, you go to bed at night knowing that you are shaping the world and wake up every morning with your superhero cape.
Thanks to all you teachers for everything that you do! NAEYC and its members support quality early childhood education. Visit us at naeyc.org.