2. It was really nice of her to let her old bandmates Beyonce and Michelle come along for the ride.
She’s so kind.
3. It was amazing.
4. Then she managed to outshine every artist on the planet at this year’s Grammy Awards by wearing this unreal masterpiece.
8. Then she graced the universe with her album Talk A Good Game.
It’s her fourth solo album and easily her most cohesive release. It’s a place where slow burn jams like “Red Wine” feel at home next to the hooky “Street Life,” which has a nice Pusha T verse on it. And you can’t deny the Destiny’s Child reunion on the romantic “You Changed” is anything short of a blessing.
9. She dropped an awesome video for her sexual empowerment anthem “Kisses Down Low.”
12. She also dropped a video for her brave confessional “Dirty Laundry.”
In the song, she she opens up about being battered by an ex-boyfriend, struggling with her career, and feeling jealous of Beyonce. “Love is pain and pain is love,” she repeats over and over again as the song ends. It was a really courageous statement.
13. It was so real.
16. This one time, she performed at the GLAAD media awards wearing all Olivia Pope-white.
18. She also was the best judge on The X Factor.
Look at her pick on her weak sidekick.
- Bitterly cold temperatures and arctic winds began freezing large swathes of the U.S. Northeast ❄️