4. At the event, you hang out by the door for a bit.
You know, scope out the situ.
5. Nervously look around. Why is everyone so comfortable and talkative?
7. So you stand around and smile at everyone for a while.
“How’re you?” “Good, you?” “Good as well, you?” *awkward silence*
8. You feel like an awkward giant.
Or like an underwhelming duckling. Whichever applies.
9. You’re jumpy as hell.
You nearly screamed when the waiter asked if you wanted a refill.
11. If you try to shake someone’s hand, you might do something stupid.
Like fall. For no reason.
14. You run into a colleague, but he’s so busy networking, he ignores you.
“Okay, then. See you later.”
17. If you’re with someone else, they’re hogging all the limelight.
Shut up and let me talk!
- Senate Democrats have secured enough votes to uphold the Iran nuclear deal when Congress votes on it later this month. ›
- The Baltimore Circuit Court will host the first hearing in the homicide case of Freddie Gray on Wednesday. ›
- Hundreds of Eurostar passengers moving between Britain and France were stranded for hours as people were seen on the tracks attempting to get through the tunnel. ›