This is a good article and I’m glad you’re educating people about what’s being done to these communities. Also, please get more editors; there are several typos in this article.
- murexmuris "Wes Anderson Designed A Cafe And It W..."
Response to 17 Times Food Was The Cutest:
That SU reference though.
- murexmuris "This Boy Has Made A List Of Things To..."
- murexmuris "This Is How You Do Your Make-Up When ..."
This is pretty awful. Pride events like this are really important, especially when trans people still aren’t as accepted as cis gay people by a lot of America.
- murexmuris "Trans Pride L.A. Event Evacuated Afte..."
I believe the employee who said the shop got death threats. There are always idiots out there who think that threatening violence is the appropriate reaction to this kind of bigotry. And I’m saying this as a queer person, so don’t think for a second that I’m supporting the owner or have any sympathy for him. I don’t. It’s just that there will always be a handful of people who react to this kind of thing with death threats.
- murexmuris "How I Kept Living When My Body Turned..."
Response to 12 Korean Snacks You Absolutely Have To Try:
I’m so glad someone mentioned Snowpiercer.
He looks like my dad’s best friend. Maybe he is my dad’s best friend.
Other annoying situations: 1. House-conscious parents freak out if you don’t get into the family House (“A Hufflepuff? How will we find you a husband?”)
2. Tuition went up again because of the new 30,000 Galleon Quidditch training center that absolutely nobody uses. Harry doesn’t notice because of his massive inheritance. The Weasleys do.
3. Job prospects beyond Hogwarts are considerably thinner than you were led to believe. Your neighborhood wandmaker laughs and tears up your perfect N.E.W.T.s. For the professors:
1. Endless owls from concerned parents wondering if you can bump their little Griselda into upper-level Arithmancy, or give young Barnabus a few points for good behavior. The answer is no! It’s always no!
2. With all due respect to Professor Dumbledore, “Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!” is not an acceptable classroom goal.
2. Unusually high levels of colleague deviancy mean that you’re always giving your fellow educators nervous glances over your Butterbeer (you drink a lot of Butterbeer). After the Battle of Hogwarts a lot of people just leave, and Professor McGonagall is reduced to hiring smug substitutes from Beauxbatons, who are fond of looking over their peas and roast beef and sighing wistfully.
- murexmuris "Laurie Halse Anderson Thinks Adults S..."
- murexmuris "Everything You Need To Know About Man..."
- murexmuris "18 Incredibly Intricate Geometric Tat..."
Response to 22 Signs You’ve Been In Your Job Too Long:
Why are poo selfies a thing though? Seriously, why?
I like how the Lady Hammer has a “full size round face for accurate striking.”
I didn’t realize trains were a cliche in dystopian YA fiction. Oh well. This is great though. Maybe she can write a bestseller!
SHARE THIS PAGE View Viral Dashboard ›