In case you haven’t heard, JaMarcus Russell will work out for the Chicago Bears on Friday. Tim Tebow hasn’t sniffed a job since getting cut by the Jets. More NFL teams are interested in a guy who derped himself out of the league via overeating and cough syrup abuse than Tim Tebow, who ran for 5 yards a carry and threw two touchdowns in a playoff game just a year and a half ago. Let that sink in for a second.
2. More teams want this:
3. Than this:
Sure, Tebow hasn’t always been spectacular in the NFL, but he’s demonstrated that he can be an effective runner and complete basic passes. There is room for players like this (Brad Smith, Ronnie Brown) in the league. Russell hasn’t even played a down of football in the NFL since 2009. So why is JaMarcus getting the tryout over Tim? What do these scouts see in Russell that they don’t in Tebow?
5. JaMarcus Russell in 2010:
Arrested for being in possession of codeine syrup.
6. Tim Tebow in 2010:
Recorded the longest touchdown run for a quarterback in Broncos history and the longest touchdown run in NFL history for a quarterback in his first start.
7. JaMarcus Russell in 2011:
Got a haircut.
8. Tim Tebow in 2011:
Led the Broncos to an overtime victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers during the first round of the NFL playoffs.
9. JaMarcus Rusell in 2012:
Caught up on his Netflix queue.
10. Tim Tebow in 2012:
Showcased his mobility as a backup quarterback.
It just doesn’t make sense. It must have been the haircut.
- Mullah Omar — leader of the Taliban — has died, according to multiple reports. The Taliban has not responded to the reports.
- Officials released new footage proving Sandra Bland was "alive and well" when her mugshot was taken. The release aims to counter social media rumors that she was deceased in the photo.
- Michel Platini, the current UEFA president, will be a candidate in the 2016 FIFA election to replace Sepp Blatter ⚽️