1. Back in October, 100 days before the Olympics, Team USA unveiled the uniform its members would wear to the closing ceremonies in Sochi.
2. The Ralph Lauren-designed outfit is made in America and features “slim-fitting white fleece athletic pants” and “sporty black leather boots with red laces.”
3. It also includes a “navy wool pea coat adorned with a red banner stripe and patriotic patches.”
4. This morning, the uniform for the opening ceremony was unveiled. It’s a lot like the uniform above…with one major change:
5. The pea coat was replaced with a “a meticulously knit patchwork cardigan highlighted with handcrafted details and emblazoned with stars and spirited graphics.”
According to Lindsay Hogan, the Senior Director of Marketing Communications for the U.S. Olympic Committee, Team USA always has “two different looks, one for each ceremony.” As far as why the pea coat was the only thing to drastically change, well, that seems to be an artistic choice. So what do you guys think? Which one is better?
- California Republican Kevin McCarthy has dropped out of the race to be the next speaker of the U.S. House. ›
- The United Nations has proposed a national unity government for Libya after peace talks between the north African country's two rival factions. ›
- Walter Scott's family has reached a $6.5 million settlement with North Charleston, S.C., where the unarmed black man was fatally shot by an officer in April. ›