1. Back in October, 100 days before the Olympics, Team USA unveiled the uniform its members would wear to the closing ceremonies in Sochi.
2. The Ralph Lauren-designed outfit is made in America and features “slim-fitting white fleece athletic pants” and “sporty black leather boots with red laces.”
3. It also includes a “navy wool pea coat adorned with a red banner stripe and patriotic patches.”
4. This morning, the uniform for the opening ceremony was unveiled. It’s a lot like the uniform above…with one major change:
5. The pea coat was replaced with a “a meticulously knit patchwork cardigan highlighted with handcrafted details and emblazoned with stars and spirited graphics.”
According to Lindsay Hogan, the Senior Director of Marketing Communications for the U.S. Olympic Committee, Team USA always has “two different looks, one for each ceremony.” As far as why the pea coat was the only thing to drastically change, well, that seems to be an artistic choice. So what do you guys think? Which one is better?
- Protesters marched in Chicago for the second night in a row after the release of a video showing the police shooting of black teen Laquan McDonald. ›
- Frank Gifford's family says the NFL star had CTE, the degenerative brain disease linked to football. He died in August. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›