Here are the best sports moments of the year involving animals, in no particular order. How much do you remember?
24. Remember when these two Labrador puppies joined a Turkish soccer match?
23. Remember when Lindsey Vonn put a baby squirrel on Tiger Woods’ shoulder?
21. Remember when a pine marten was caught trying to sneak onto the field?
17. Or when the German Shepherd actually thought he was playing baseball?
11. Remember that time Darnell Dockett brought a tiger to training camp?
10. Remember when Eric Berry bravely overcame his fear of the team’s mascot?
8. Remember when this tiny dog almost caused a massive crash at the Tour de France?
5. Remember when Jimmy Fallon’s puppies correctly predicted the winner of the Super Bowl?
4. Remember when this bug wasn’t crushed to death by a tennis ball?
3. Remember when an inquisitive little fox ran onto the football field?
Man, what a year!
- A conservation group in Zimbabwe reported that Jericho, the brother of beloved lion Cecil, was shot and killed by a hunter. But some scientists monitoring the pride believe he is OK.
- Joe Biden has begun to "actively explore a possible presidential campaign," the New York Times reports.
- The trooper who pulled over Sandra Bland was disciplined for "unprofessional conduct" in the fall of 2014, records show.