The Room is widely considered one of the worst movies ever made, but it’s so bad that it’s also hilarious. If you’re not familiar with it, just take a second to look at this scene, so you have an idea of what I’m talking about:
Great stuff, right? Well, as you might have noticed, there’s a football in that scene. And for some reason, this seems to be a running theme throughout the entire film, and, well, let’s just say that everyone’s athletic skills are about the same as their acting skills. Here are the best sports moments from the movie:
1. When Johnny took the ball from Mark and tossed it up to himself.
2. When Johnny was sitting in the chair and flipping the ball with one hand without dropping it.
3. When Johnny was rolling the football back and forth WITHOUT EVEN LOOKING AT IT!
4. When Johnny used the football as a headrest like a fucking badass.
5. When Johnny tossed the football to Denny, allowing Denny to open up and discuss his true feelings about Johnny’s fiancée.
6. When Johnny was understanding and definitely threw a perfect spiral back to Denny.
7. When Mike spun the football around after Johnny and Denny convinced Mike to play football with them in the back alley.
8. When Mike threw the ball to Denny and then Denny tossed the ball to Johnny and then Johnny tossed the ball to Mike, who then threw it to Denny, creating a pattern.
9. When Denny faked everyone out and tossed the ball to Mike, like a goddamn rebel.
10. When Mike restored order by throwing the football to Johnny, thereby creating a new pattern while including everyone.
11. When Mark came out of nowhere and immediately showed off his laser rocket arm.
12. When Mark handed the ball off to Mike, but his strength was too mighty, so it ended up knocking Mike over and nothing was ever the same again.
13. When the gang decided to play football in tuxedos.
14. When Peter, the psychologist, threw the football underhand like a true gentleman.
15. When Mark hit Denny in stride with a sidearm pass and Denny did not fall over.
16. When Peter went out for a pass, but tripped and then broke the fourth wall because he’s a psychologist and metaphors maybe.
17. When Johnny and Mark met in the park and started jogging and throwing the football AT THE SAME TIME!
18. When Johnny and Mark emerged from the woods and impossibly passed the ball from varying landscape levels and distances.
19. When Mark and Johnny showcased their arm strength and basically threw the football across an entire field.
20. When Johnny flipped the script and ran to Mark’s position, like the wildcard that he is.
21. When Johnny was finished playing games and tackled Mark because that’s what best friends do and Mark is Johnny’s best friend and would never do anything to hurt him.
22. When Johnny and Mark raced in the woods, further establishing their bestfriendship.
23. And finally, when Johnny and Mark channeled their inner Rocky Balboa and raced to the top of the steps, ironically signifying the beginning of the end of their friendship.
And there you have it. Those are the best sports moments from The Room. Hope you guys enjoyed it.
- At least three people have died in South Carolina due to severe rainfall. More than 11 inches of rain fell on the city in 48 hours. ›
- President Obama says the U.S. has launched a full investigation into the airstrikes that killed 22 people at a hospital in Afghanistan on Saturday. ›
- The World Bank announced that for the first time it is forecasting the rate of extreme global poverty to drop below 10% in 2015 . ›