Greg Van Niel, a Cleveland Indians season ticket holder, did the impossible on Sunday: he caught four foul balls. Well, he technically only caught three balls, and just scooped up another one, but still, the man captured four foul balls.
Not all of his catches were caught on camera, but here’s what we have:
2. The classic catch.
3. The falling-backward-over-the-seats grab.
4. The lazy pick up.
5. And the “These balls mean nothing to me, even though I just dove for one. Here you go, kid!” move.
According to experts, the odds of catching four foul balls in a single game is “roughly one trillion to one.” And those weren’t even his seats! Van Niel told ESPN that he was sitting “one section over and it happened to be the lucky section [Sunday].” He also said that he’s never caught a foul ball before.
Man, if there was ever a day to buy a lotto ticket…
- [A Harris County, Texas, sheriff's deputy was ambushed Friday night when a man walked up and repeatedly shot him from behind. ›] (http://www.buzzfeed.com/jimdalrympleii/sheriffs-deputy-shot-dead-in-ambush-at-texas-gas-station)
- [Dominica Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit said that Tropical Storm Erika killed 20 people there, and set the island back 20 years from the damage. ›] (http://www.buzzfeed.com/stephaniemcneal/at-least-5-people-are-missing-after-tropical-storm-erika-thr)
- [Police are investigating the death of Jamycheal Mitchell, who was arrested months ago in Virginia for allegedly stealing about $5 worth of groceries. He was found dead in his jail cell last week. ›] (http://www.buzzfeed.com/jimdalrympleii/black-man-held-for-months-for-stealing-5-worth-of-snacks-fou)