1. Last week, Seattle defensive end Chris Clemons expressed a negative reaction to the idea that an NFL player may come out of the closet.
4. Then earlier this week on HuffPost Live, legendary NBA coach Phil Jackson dismissed a question on the topic saying somewhat callously that he had never come across a gay player in his time in the league.
5. Enter Good Guy Magic Johnson.
Kevin Winter / NBCUniversal / Getty Images
6. Well done, Magic. Well done.
In The News Today
- An arrest warrant has been issued for Guatemalan President Otto Pérez Molina in connection with a corruption case involving the highest levels of the government. ›
- Senate Democrats have secured enough votes to uphold the Iran nuclear deal when Congress votes on it later this month. ›
- A new study says there are 3 trillion trees on Earth — much more than previously thought. But we're losing them fast 🌳 ›