2. And they always play it up for the camera.
7. Or by taking off their shirt and twisting it ‘round their head like a helicopter.
8. Because everything’s better when a kid does it.
9. Like a halftime performance.
10. Or the sprinkler dance.
11. Or a hand-drawn sign.
13. Because the littlest gestures mean the world to them.
15. Well, sometimes they are.
But even when things go wrong, kids still manage to stay positive.
16. Like when this little guy poked himself in the eye, but was too caught up in the moment to care.
17. Or when Ronaldo’s shot broke this kid’s wrist, but he toughed it out for the remaining 84 minutes of the match before going to the hospital.
18. And let’s not forget about how amazingly unpredictable kids are.
19. Like when this young man ran alongside the Arsenal team bus for five miles.
20. Or when this kid, umm, shifted his attention away from the game.
21. Or when this Red Sox fan tricked the Yankees into giving him a ball with the ol’ hat switcheroo move.
22. But most of all, because kids love the game.
- At least three people – including a police officer – died in a shooting at a Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs. The suspect is in police custody. ›
- At least 15 people were killed after a suicide bomber attacked a Shiite Muslim procession of hundreds of people in Nigeria. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›