2. And they always play it up for the camera.
7. Or by taking off their shirt and twisting it ‘round their head like a helicopter.
8. Because everything’s better when a kid does it.
9. Like a halftime performance.
10. Or the sprinkler dance.
11. Or a hand-drawn sign.
15. Well, sometimes they are.
But even when things go wrong, kids still manage to stay positive.
16. Like when this little guy poked himself in the eye, but was too caught up in the moment to care.
17. Or when Ronaldo’s shot broke this kid’s wrist, but he toughed it out for the remaining 84 minutes of the match before going to the hospital.
18. And let’s not forget about how amazingly unpredictable kids are.
19. Like when this young man ran alongside the Arsenal team bus for five miles.
20. Or when this kid, umm, shifted his attention away from the game.
21. Or when this Red Sox fan tricked the Yankees into giving him a ball with the ol’ hat switcheroo move.
22. But most of all, because kids love the game.
In The News Today
- Hundreds of people have arrived by train to Austria from Hungary on Monday, as European Union asylum rules collapsed under the escalating migration crisis. ›
- A video released on Monday shows two Texas deputies fatally shooting a man with his hands up. A witness sold the footage to a local TV station for $100. ›
- President Obama called on global leaders to address climate change during a visit to the Alaskan Arctic. He is the first U.S. President to tour the Arctic. ›