1. Cateura, Paraguay is an impoverished town that earns money by sorting garbage to sell to recycling companies.
2. The town receives about 1,500 tons of garbage every day.
3. And they use some of that garbage to make orchestra instruments for the children who live in Cateura.
4. Like this cello made from an oil can, wood scraps, parts of a pasta machine found in the garbage.
5. Here are some performances from the “Recycled Orchestra.”
Find out more about Landfill Harmonic on Facebook.
H/T NPR Music.
- World leaders are gathering in Paris for the United Nations summit on climate change 🌍 ›