2. First, his friends called him “Gopher” because they said he had big cheeks.
3. Then they straight up changed Gopher to “Gar.”
4. Which morphed into “Garfield,” like the cartoon cat.
5. Then they shortened it to just the end part — “Field.”
6. And finally a “y” was added so that his full nickname could be “Fieldy Snuts,” because when you say it out loud it sounds like “Feel these nuts.”
Here Are The Top Stories
- Polls have officially closed in the Greek referendum. The country is deciding whether to accept sweeping new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds.
- The U.S. will face Japan in Vancouver in the final match of the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Captured New York prison escapee David Sweat has been released from hospital and is back in jail.