1. Lyota Yagi designed a moving record player and a track made of vinyl records to create a playable (and endless!) installation.
Here’s the full track with the tiny record player in the center.
2. Yagi made these striking images by scraping the aluminum from CDs and pasting it into new shapes.
7. Yagi also turned a record player into a pottery wheel that changes the pitch of the record as he throws a tiny pot.
8. And in 2009, he made a playable record out of ice.
The Swedish band Shout Out Louds released an ice record this year on Merge Records.
- Police confirmed 71 people, likely refugees who fled Syria, were found dead in a truck abandoned in Austria. The suspected drivers have been arrested. ›
- President Obama marked a decade of recovery after Hurricane Katrina, citing gains, but also the immense amount of work that he said still needs to be done. ›
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg said (on Faceboook, obviously) that one billion people used the service on Monday 🌐 ›