2. Cut up CDs and make animal sculptures.
5. Put a few in your bag during hikes to use as emergency signal mirrors.
More about signal mirrors here.
10. Erase your data with mini tesla coils.
11. Or with a motor and a pin.
12. Or in the microwave.
You shouldn’t do this one, since it’ll probably make your food taste bad.
13. Use a balloon to make this hovercraft toy.
- U.S. Republican presidential candidates will debate Saturday at 9 p.m. ET on CBS for the first time since Donald Trump's win in New Hampshire.
- Bitterly cold temperatures and arctic winds began freezing large swathes of the U.S. Northeast on Saturday.
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz.