1. They are more shades of green than you ever imagined existed.
Taken near the St. Croix River in Arcola, MN.
2. When Fall comes around, they just get more beautiful.
Taken at Itasca State Park.
Taken at Nemadji State Forest.
Taken near Tofte, MN.
5. The colors are pure eye candy.
Taken from Leveaux Mountain in northern Minnesota.
Taken in Lutsen, MN.
7. They pair perfectly with our waterways.
Taken at Banning State Park.
Taken at Hidden Falls Regional Park.
9. They stand tall and proud.
Taken near Hinckley, MN.
Taken in St. Cloud, MN.
Taken in Stacy, MN.
Taken near Battle Creek Park.
Taken in Sandstone, MN.
Taken in Stillwater, MN.
15. And provide much needed shade.
Taken at Lebanon Hills Regional Park.
Taken near Lake Superior and the Cascade River.
17. They even stick it out through the cold Minnesota winters.
Taken in Mendota Heights, MN.
Taken north of Grand Marais, MN.
19. They remain beautiful up-close.
Taken at Gooseberry Falls State Park.
Taken at Judge C.R. Magney State Park in Grand Marais, MN.
21. They even help keep the air clean, especially in urban areas.
Taken in southwest Minneapolis along Minnehaha Creek.
Taken in St. Paul, MN.
These photos were submitted in the #ILoveMNTrees photo contest. The winning photo will be displayed at the 2013 Eco Experience at the Minnesota State Fair.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. It is also not paid advertising. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!