1. “A Clockwork Orange” By Anthony Burgess
Promotes the use of outside voices inside, also arson.
2. “And Tango Makes Three” By Justin Richardson and Peter Parnell
Gives readers unreasonable expectations regarding the cuteness of penguins.
3. The “Harry Potter” Series By J.K. Rowling
Promotes cruelty to animals, also swords.
4. “Charlotte’s Web” By E. B. White
Encourages readers to hug pigs, can lead to the spread of swine flu.
6. “L8r, G8r” By Lauren Myracle
Encourages misspellings, can lead to illiteracy.
7. The “Goosebumps” Series By R.L. Stin
Discourages readers from pursing an education.
8. “Cujo” By Stephen King
Discourages drivers from using side-view mirrors.
9. “The Face on the Milk Carton” By Caroline B. Cooney
Can lead to drastically reduced milk consumption, calcium deficiencies.
For the real reasons these books were banned, check out the the American Library Association’s banned books lists.