1. Just to be clear, the 2010 remake does not deserve a tribute.
4. Because the movie is nothing without Mr. Miyagi.
5. Pat Morita was nominated for an Oscar for his performance. Not surprising.
9. Who convinced a generation of kids the key to becoming a karate master…
11. Even if you’ve seen it a hundred times, it’s a movie worth re-watching, especially if you have new things to look for.
12. See that pained look on Daniel-sans’ face? One of the skeleton’s kicks connected unintentionally, so Ralph Machio didn’t have to fake it.
13. They look like the world’s cutest seventh-grade couple, but Elizabeth Shue and Ralph Machio were both in their twenties during filming.
14. Ralph Machio got to keep that yellow car as a gift from the producer.
15. And the famed crane technique, while awesome, was made up, taking elements from a few karate stances.
16. Plus, there are so many “Karate Kid” moments that don’t get old. Like the heckling from this guy.
17. The bizare cutoff sweats that made up their gym uniforms.
19. When Mr. Miyagi is undaunted by this guy.
21. And no matter how many times you watch it, every time Daniel’s foot connects with Johnny’s face, you have the same reaction.
- Robert L. Dear was identified as the suspected gunman in a fatal shooting at a Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs. ›
- World leaders will meet in Paris starting Monday to discuss a potential global climate change agreement. Here's what you need to know. ›
- Speaking of climate change, can you pass this basic quiz about it? ›