1. Problem: Mom won’t let me play with real kids because of the polio scare.
Solution: I brought in some cuter companions.
2. Problem: No family car to tie the tree to.
Solution: Brought in my bros to assist.
3. Problem: Can’t picture where my dad is stationed.
Solution: Went out to find the bigger picture.
4. Problem: Can’t achieve that Shirley Temple glow.
Solution: Used my dog to save face.
5. Problem: Forced downstairs by air raid.
Solution: Brought out (and totally owned) Dominos.
6. Problem: Dad went off to sea.
Solution: Brought in a stand in.
7. Problem: Air raid drills are scary.
Solution: Threw an epic dance party to cheer up.
8. Problem: No money for gas.
Solution: Found some free horse power.
9. Problem: Food is rationed.
Solution: Grew only gigantic produce.
10. Problem: Lost my ticket for “The Wizard of Oz.”
Solution: Found some cheaper entertainment.
11. Problem: Candy’s hard to come by.
Solution: Enjoyed it as much as possible when I could.
12. Problem: Talk of war and poverty is stressful.
Solution: Was someone else, somewhere else for a while.
- Greece will decide on Sunday whether they will accept austerity measures as a condition of a bailout that may stave off an imminent financial and economic crisis.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- It took a while, but an English national soccer team has finally defeated Germany in a major tournament. England took third place with a 1-0 win over the top-ranked German team in the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Chile defeated Argentina on penalties to win the Copa America tournament. It's the first ever trophy for Chile in the 99 years of the Copa ⚽️