1. “Island of the Blue Dolphins” By Scott O’Dell (1960)
The book that taught you the dangers of keeping your ride waiting.
2. “From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler” By E.L.Konigsburg (1967)
If it was written now it might be called “The Unnecessary Amber Alert.”
3. “A Wrinkle In Time” By Madeleine L’Engle (1962)
If only all little brothers could be as cool as Charles Wallace.
4. “Sounder” by William H. Armstrong (1969)
That book you read when you were ten that you’re still trying to get over. Seriously, it makes “Old Yeller” look like “Clifford.”
5. “The Cricket in Time Square” By George Selden (1960)
Revisit it with caution, it’ll make you feel really guilty about your appointment with the exterminator.
6. “The Egypt Game” By Zilpha Keatley Snyder (1967)
It’s kind of like The Craft for kids, but more educational and hopeful.
7. “Gentle Ben” By Walt Morey (1965)
It’s ok mom I can pet it, bears are totally gentle, don’t even worry about it.
8. “Harriet the Spy” By Louise Fitzhugh (1964)
Can’t you just picture Harriet’s mind being blown by the powers of Facebook spying?
9. “Ramona the Pest” by Beverly Cleary (1968)
Junie B. Jones’ predecessor.
10. “The Phantom Tollbooth” By Norton Juster (1961)
Before kids started waiting for their Hogwarts letter, they were waiting for their tollbooth.
Please validate your account to contribute content.
Preview Your Response
- 11 Classic Kids Books From The '60s is starting to get hot on Facebook Share It
- pbayuk 11 Classic Kids Books From The '60s and thinks it’s Win
- aprilmm88 thinks 11 Classic Kids Books From The '60s is Win
- Krutika Mallikarjuna 11 Classic Kids Books From The '60s
- daisyj2 thinks 11 Classic Kids Books From The '60s is Win
- frosty1 thinks 11 Classic Kids Books From The '60s is Win
- jessicaspidergirlr 11 Classic Kids Books From The '60s