1. February 8, 2009: Chris Brown is arrested during the Grammy Awards due to allegations of domestic violence. The dispute happened in a parked car in the Hancock Park neighborhood of Los Angeles.
This is the incident report. It’s horrific.
A verbal argument ensued and Brown pulled the vehicle over on an unknown street, reached over Robyn F. with his right hand, opened the car door and attempted to force her out. Brown was unable to force Robyn F. out of the vehicle because she was wearing a seat belt. When he could not force her to exit, he took his right hand and shoved her head against he passenger window of the vehicle, causing an approximate one-inch raised circular contusion.
Robyn F. turned to face Brown and he punched her in the left eye with his right hand. He then drove away in the vehicle and continued to punch her in the face with his right hand while steering the vehicle with his left hand. The assault caused Robyn F.’s mouth to fill with blood and blood to splatter all over her clothing and the interior of the vehicle.
“Brown looked at Robyn F. and stated, ‘I’m going to beat the sh— out of you when we get home! You wait and see!’ ”
The detective said “Robyn F.” then used her cell phone to call her personal assistant Jennifer Rosales, who did not answer.
Robyn F. pretended to talk to her and stated, ‘I’m on my way home. Make sure the police are there when I get there.’
After Robyn F. faked the call, Brown looked at her and stated, ‘You just did the stupidest thing ever! Now I’m really going to kill you!’
Brown resumed punching Robyn F. and she interlocked her fingers behind her head and brought her elbows forward to protect her face. She then bent over at the waist, placing her elbows and face near her lap in [an] attempt to protect her face and head from the barrage of punches being levied upon her by Brown.
Brown continued to punch Robyn F. on her left arm and hand, causing her to suffer a contusion on her left triceps (sic) that was approximately two inches in diameter and numerous contusions on her left hand.
Robyn F. then attempted to send a text message to her other personal assistant, Melissa Ford. Brown snatched the cellular telephone out of her hand and threw it out of the window onto an unknown street.
Brown continued driving and Robyn F. observed his cellular telephone sitting in his lap. She picked up the cellular telephone with her left hand and before she could make a call he placed her in a head lock with his right hand and continued to drive the vehicle with his left hand.
Brown pulled Robyn F. close to him and bit her on her left ear. She was able to feel the vehicle swerving from right to left as Brown sped away. He stopped the vehicle in front of 333 North June Street and Robyn F. turned off the car, removed the key from the ignition and sat on it.
Brown did not know what she did with the key and began punching her in the face and arms. He then placed her in a head lock positioning the front of her throat between his bicep and forearm. Brown began applying pressure to Robyn F.’s left and right carotid arteries, causing her to be unable to breathe and she began to lose consciousness.
She reached up with her left hand and began attempting to gouge his eyes in an attempt to free herself. Brown bit her left ring and middle fingers and then released her. While Brown continued to punch her, she turned around and placed her back against the passenger door. She brought her knees to her chest, placed her feet against Brown’s body and began pushing him away. Brown continued to punch her on the legs and feet, causing several contusions.
Robyn F. began screaming for help and Brown exited the vehicle and walked away. A resident in the neighborhood heard Robyn F.’s plea for help and called 911, causing a police response. An investigation was conducted and Robyn F. was issued a Domestic Violence Emergency Protective Order.
8. April 7, 2009: Chris Brown pleads not guilty in court.
9. August 2009: During court it is revealed that Chris Brown had a violent past with Rihanna.
Brown and Rihanna “were visiting Barbados and were driving a Range Rover loaned to them. They had an argument inside the car. [Brown] exited and broke the front driver and passenger side windows of the car. No one was injured during the incident.
11. August 25, 2009: Chris Brown is sentenced.
5 years of probation
6 months of hard labor to be performed in Richmond, VA.
Must attend a 52-week domestic violence course
Must stay 100 yards away from Rihanna
Must stay 10 yards away from Rihanna at entertainment-related events
Must provide DNA samples to authorities
Must not own any dangerous weapons including guns or knives for the next five years
Is subject to search and seizure 24/7 for the next five years
Must personally go to court every 3 months during probation. The first appearance will be November 19.
Must receive approval before leaving the country.
Must pay $2,500 in restitution, $2,500 in probation expenses, $30 criminal conviction fee, $400 that goes into a domestic violence fund.
Before he took the stage to belt out “Man in the Mirror,” a backstage source tells Us one of Brown’s bodyguards gave the singer, 21, tear-inducing eye drops.
20. December 20, 2010: Chris Brown tweets a picture of his domestic violence class certificate.
21. December 30, 2010: Chris Brown sends out threatening and homophobic tweets to Raz B of the group B2K. 10 days after he received his domestic abuse certificate.
Chris Brown then made a YouTube video threatening to beat him up. In the video he said:
“Step your game up homeboy … when I see you my n**ga, I will smack you in the mouth, beat you, drag you down the street and treat you like a little b**ch my n**ga. This ain’t no mother f**king game homeboy. You ain’t welcome in L.A. and if I catch you alone, watch what I’ma do to you.”
24. March 22, 2011: Chris Brown throws a chair into a window after a Good Morning America interview. He wasn’t happy with Robin Roberts asking him questions about the abuse.
He was then spotted outside the studios with his shirt off.
He also tweeted this. He later deleted it.
27. November 13, 2011: Chris Brown has another random Twitter outburst. He deletes his Twitter for a short time.
28. February 13, 2012: Chris Brown performs twice at the Grammys. He also wins the award for best R&B album.
During the broadcast young women around the country tweeted that they wanted Chris Brown to punch them:
- Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders clashed on immigration, Obama, and Kissinger (!) in Thursday's Democratic debate. We have a recap for you 🇺🇸
- NYPD Officer Peter Liang was found guilty of manslaughter in the 2014 shooting of Akai Gurley, an unarmed black man.
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz.