1. February 8, 2009: Chris Brown is arrested during the Grammy Awards due to allegations of domestic violence. The dispute happened in a parked car in the Hancock Park neighborhood of Los Angeles.
This is the incident report. It’s horrific.
A verbal argument ensued and Brown pulled the vehicle over on an unknown street, reached over Robyn F. with his right hand, opened the car door and attempted to force her out. Brown was unable to force Robyn F. out of the vehicle because she was wearing a seat belt. When he could not force her to exit, he took his right hand and shoved her head against he passenger window of the vehicle, causing an approximate one-inch raised circular contusion.
Robyn F. turned to face Brown and he punched her in the left eye with his right hand. He then drove away in the vehicle and continued to punch her in the face with his right hand while steering the vehicle with his left hand. The assault caused Robyn F.’s mouth to fill with blood and blood to splatter all over her clothing and the interior of the vehicle.
“Brown looked at Robyn F. and stated, ‘I’m going to beat the sh— out of you when we get home! You wait and see!’ ”
The detective said “Robyn F.” then used her cell phone to call her personal assistant Jennifer Rosales, who did not answer.
Robyn F. pretended to talk to her and stated, ‘I’m on my way home. Make sure the police are there when I get there.’
After Robyn F. faked the call, Brown looked at her and stated, ‘You just did the stupidest thing ever! Now I’m really going to kill you!’
Brown resumed punching Robyn F. and she interlocked her fingers behind her head and brought her elbows forward to protect her face. She then bent over at the waist, placing her elbows and face near her lap in [an] attempt to protect her face and head from the barrage of punches being levied upon her by Brown.
Brown continued to punch Robyn F. on her left arm and hand, causing her to suffer a contusion on her left triceps (sic) that was approximately two inches in diameter and numerous contusions on her left hand.
Robyn F. then attempted to send a text message to her other personal assistant, Melissa Ford. Brown snatched the cellular telephone out of her hand and threw it out of the window onto an unknown street.
Brown continued driving and Robyn F. observed his cellular telephone sitting in his lap. She picked up the cellular telephone with her left hand and before she could make a call he placed her in a head lock with his right hand and continued to drive the vehicle with his left hand.
Brown pulled Robyn F. close to him and bit her on her left ear. She was able to feel the vehicle swerving from right to left as Brown sped away. He stopped the vehicle in front of 333 North June Street and Robyn F. turned off the car, removed the key from the ignition and sat on it.
Brown did not know what she did with the key and began punching her in the face and arms. He then placed her in a head lock positioning the front of her throat between his bicep and forearm. Brown began applying pressure to Robyn F.’s left and right carotid arteries, causing her to be unable to breathe and she began to lose consciousness.
She reached up with her left hand and began attempting to gouge his eyes in an attempt to free herself. Brown bit her left ring and middle fingers and then released her. While Brown continued to punch her, she turned around and placed her back against the passenger door. She brought her knees to her chest, placed her feet against Brown’s body and began pushing him away. Brown continued to punch her on the legs and feet, causing several contusions.
Robyn F. began screaming for help and Brown exited the vehicle and walked away. A resident in the neighborhood heard Robyn F.’s plea for help and called 911, causing a police response. An investigation was conducted and Robyn F. was issued a Domestic Violence Emergency Protective Order.
8. April 7, 2009: Chris Brown pleads not guilty in court.
9. August 2009: During court it is revealed that Chris Brown had a violent past with Rihanna.
Brown and Rihanna “were visiting Barbados and were driving a Range Rover loaned to them. They had an argument inside the car. [Brown] exited and broke the front driver and passenger side windows of the car. No one was injured during the incident.
11. August 25, 2009: Chris Brown is sentenced.
5 years of probation
6 months of hard labor to be performed in Richmond, VA.
Must attend a 52-week domestic violence course
Must stay 100 yards away from Rihanna
Must stay 10 yards away from Rihanna at entertainment-related events
Must provide DNA samples to authorities
Must not own any dangerous weapons including guns or knives for the next five years
Is subject to search and seizure 24/7 for the next five years
Must personally go to court every 3 months during probation. The first appearance will be November 19.
Must receive approval before leaving the country.
Must pay $2,500 in restitution, $2,500 in probation expenses, $30 criminal conviction fee, $400 that goes into a domestic violence fund.
14. September 18, 2009: Chris Brown does his court mandated community service with police escorts.
15. December 15, 2009: Chris Brown deletes his Twitter after claiming retailers were blackballing his album.
16. January 22, 2010: Chris Brown foolishly poses with Jean Paul Gaultier with a black eye.
17. February 24, 2010: Chris Brown comments on the Tiger Woods controversy.
18. July 1, 2010: Chris Brown breaks down during his Michael Jackson tribute at the BET awards.
According to US Weekly the tears may have been fake.
Before he took the stage to belt out “Man in the Mirror,” a backstage source tells Us one of Brown’s bodyguards gave the singer, 21, tear-inducing eye drops.
20. December 20, 2010: Chris Brown tweets a picture of his domestic violence class certificate.
21. December 30, 2010: Chris Brown sends out threatening and homophobic tweets to Raz B of the group B2K. 10 days after he received his domestic abuse certificate.
Chris Brown then made a YouTube video threatening to beat him up. In the video he said:
“Step your game up homeboy … when I see you my n**ga, I will smack you in the mouth, beat you, drag you down the street and treat you like a little b**ch my n**ga. This ain’t no mother f**king game homeboy. You ain’t welcome in L.A. and if I catch you alone, watch what I’ma do to you.”
24. March 22, 2011: Chris Brown throws a chair into a window after a Good Morning America interview. He wasn’t happy with Robin Roberts asking him questions about the abuse.
He was then spotted outside the studios with his shirt off.
He also tweeted this. He later deleted it.
27. November 13, 2011: Chris Brown has another random Twitter outburst. He deletes his Twitter for a short time.
28. February 13, 2012: Chris Brown performs twice at the Grammys. He also wins the award for best R&B album.
During the broadcast young women around the country tweeted that they wanted Chris Brown to punch them:
Please validate your account to contribute content.
Preview Your Response
- jennyj5 thinks Why We Hate Chris Brown is Trashy
- alicel5 thinks Why We Hate Chris Brown is Trashy
- chEEkiD thinks Why We Hate Chris Brown is WTF, Fail & Ew
- tonil thinks Why We Hate Chris Brown is Trashy & Fail
- skinthesun thinks Why We Hate Chris Brown is Fail, Trashy & WTF
- danielep thinks Why We Hate Chris Brown is Trashy & Fail
- arianak thinks Why We Hate Chris Brown is Fail
- shawntiahj thinks Why We Hate Chris Brown is Fail
- chloes3 Why We Hate Chris Brown and thinks it’s Trashy & Fail
- venividivici thinks Why We Hate Chris Brown is Trashy & Fail
- angelt2 thinks Why We Hate Chris Brown is Fail
- zaii thinks Why We Hate Chris Brown is Fail
- palo thinks Why We Hate Chris Brown is Trashy
- yukiakitac thinks Why We Hate Chris Brown is Ew, Fail & Trashy
- rainbowcrab Why We Hate Chris Brown and thinks it’s Fail, WTF & Vom
- Carla M. Why We Hate Chris Brown
- Lindsey H. Why We Hate Chris Brown and thinks it’s OMG
- abigailb2 thinks Why We Hate Chris Brown is Trashy
- jons8 Why We Hate Chris Brown
- malik Why We Hate Chris Brown and thinks it’s Ew, Trashy & Fail
- vanessav4 thinks Why We Hate Chris Brown is WTF
The problem is not just that he hit her but it’s that even after the incident, he shows no regret and has not made an effort to mature. He continues threatening people and being violent. He expresses himself in an overly aggressive way that shows that he has not matured or changed since the incident. Instead of apologizing, he keeps playing the role of victim.
- Angelina thinks Why We Hate Chris Brown is WTF
- kirstenf2 Why We Hate Chris Brown
- hanapana thinks Why We Hate Chris Brown is Trashy & Fail
- chads5 thinks Why We Hate Chris Brown is Trashy
- Emily C. thinks Why We Hate Chris Brown is Fail
- Iron Mouse Why We Hate Chris Brown and thinks it’s WTF, Fail & Trashy
- stephaniec36 thinks Why We Hate Chris Brown is WTF
- moonisah sharif thinks Why We Hate Chris Brown is WTF
- soylentgreenispeople Why We Hate Chris Brown and thinks it’s Ew & Trashy
- ReShaun thinks Why We Hate Chris Brown is Fail
- jeanc thinks Why We Hate Chris Brown is Ew, Trashy & Fail
I have to admit, I had almost forgotten about the Rihanna incident. Seeing her like that reminds me why I don’t like Chris Brown. Now I believe in forgiveness but I remember Chris Brown from when he was 16 and singing “Run it” and somehow since the incident, instead of getting less aggressive, he seems relish his bad boy image and looking more and more unhinged. I guess that’s the result of positive feedback to negative behaviour.
- claired5 Why We Hate Chris Brown and thinks it’s Ew, Fail & Trashy
- StephFunny2 Why We Hate Chris Brown and thinks it’s Trashy, Ew & Fail
- amieb2 thinks Why We Hate Chris Brown is Fail
- kerry reyes thinks Why We Hate Chris Brown is Fail
- tabithatabbersm thinks Why We Hate Chris Brown is Trashy
- anyl thinks Why We Hate Chris Brown is Trashy & Fail
- chindueo thinks Why We Hate Chris Brown is LOL & Win
- Corey B. thinks Why We Hate Chris Brown is Fail & Trashy
- lilaqbagns thinks Why We Hate Chris Brown is Trashy
- unicornbooty.com readers just made Why We Hate Chris Brown hotter
- ruphuz thinks Why We Hate Chris Brown is Fail & Trashy
- gilbertb Why We Hate Chris Brown and thinks it’s Ew, Trashy & Fail
- Raccoons thinks Why We Hate Chris Brown is Fail & Trashy
- kitcatattack Why We Hate Chris Brown
- Cheesus thinks Why We Hate Chris Brown is Fail
- m.digg.com readers just made Why We Hate Chris Brown hotter
- thegloss.com readers just made Why We Hate Chris Brown hotter
- odaliss thinks Why We Hate Chris Brown is Trashy & Fail
- tbarrios47 thinks Why We Hate Chris Brown is Fail & Trashy
- muumuse.com readers just made Why We Hate Chris Brown hotter
- butternut718 thinks Why We Hate Chris Brown is Ew
He is a grotesque human being. I used to be a fan of his music, but once it was revealed he was an abusive piece of shit, I can’t hear his music without feeling disgusted. What’s really disgusting is that Rihanna still has anything to do with him after what he did to her. She must not have any self-respect.
When I first heard about this, I though Chris Brown was bordering 30. The scary thing is that he beat up Rihanna when he was 19. And in the 3 years since then, besides making some music I don’t listen to, all he’s got to show in that time is his violent, explosive behavior. Why is this guy not blackballed or something? And if he’s considered a role model and girls wouldn’t mind getting beaten by him, then I don’t want to live on this planet anymore.