1. Before we begin Aliya has to put her medals on.
4. Aliya got Russia their first Olympic women’s gymnastics gold since 2000.
She won gold on the uneven bars. She also won a bronze on floor.
7. In April of 2011, she ripped her knee apart tearing both her ACL and MCL on vault.
8. Most athletes take years to recover, but obviously Mustafina is not like most athletes.
19. Also, feet are not supposed to do this, but Mustafina’s do.
22. And I know she gets a bad rap for always looking so serious all the time.
23. She smiles!
25. You know, just foolin’ around with her teammates.
28. So, to wrap things up, call her a diva or a sore loser or whatever you want.
- Dylann Roof wants to plead guilty to the charges against him in the Charleston church shooting, his attorney said, but a judge entered a not guilty plea for him on Friday.
- The U.S. Coast Guard has suspended its search for two teenagers who went missing a week ago off the coast of Florida.
- Beijing will host the 2022 Winter Olympics, becoming the first city to host both the summer and winter games.