1. Before we begin Aliya has to put her medals on.
4. Aliya got Russia their first Olympic women’s gymnastics gold since 2000.
She won gold on the uneven bars. She also won a bronze on floor.
7. In April of 2011, she ripped her knee apart tearing both her ACL and MCL on vault.
8. Most athletes take years to recover, but obviously Mustafina is not like most athletes.
10. It’s basically piercing into your soul right now.
12. She has the determination.
15. But in all seriousness, it’s about elegance.
19. Also, feet are not supposed to do this, but Mustafina’s do.
22. And I know she gets a bad rap for always looking so serious all the time.
23. She smiles!
25. You know, just foolin’ around with her teammates.
28. So, to wrap things up, call her a diva or a sore loser or whatever you want.
- It's World AIDS Day — 35 million people have died from AIDS-related conditions, and more than 34 million people are living with the disease. ›