1. In 1972, the Department of Health, Education, and Welfare and NASA started a television network meant to be an “informative/instructional network focused on providing real education through the medium of TV.”
3. In 1980 the network was privatized and became “The Learning Channel.”
5. They showed programs like these:
7. The channel concentrated on educational programming until the late ’90s when it started shifting focus.
Deputy Editorial Director, Devout Member of the Church of Godney
Here Are The Top Stories
- Airplane debris discovered Wednesday on the coast of the French island of Réunion is found to belong to a Boeing 777, a Malaysian official confirmed to AFP Friday.
- Beijing has won its bid to host the 2022 Winter Olympics. It's the first city to host both the summer and winter games.
- Zimbabwe's environment minister has called for Walter Palmer, the American dentist who killed Cecil the lion, to be extradited over the animal's death.