1. In 1972, the Department of Health, Education, and Welfare and NASA started a television network meant to be an “informative/instructional network focused on providing real education through the medium of TV.”
3. In 1980 the network was privatized and became “The Learning Channel.”
5. They showed programs like these:
7. The channel concentrated on educational programming until the late ’90s when it started shifting focus.
- After almost a week, Brussels lowered its terror threat level to 3, the nation's second-highest. One of the suspected Paris attackers remains at large. ›
- Russia's athletic federation has accepted its suspension after report found evidence of "widespread doping." ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›