1. In 1972, the Department of Health, Education, and Welfare and NASA started a television network meant to be an “informative/instructional network focused on providing real education through the medium of TV.”
3. In 1980 the network was privatized and became “The Learning Channel.”
5. They showed programs like these:
7. The channel concentrated on educational programming until the late ’90s when it started shifting focus.
Here Are The Top Stories
- The Washington, D.C., Navy Yard is on lockdown as law enforcement officers investigate reports of an active shooter on or near the campus.
- The U.S. has formally requested that Switzerland extradite 7 top FIFA officials who were arrested in Zurich in May.
- The U.S. government is investigating possible unlawful coordination by some airlines to keep prices high ✈️