1. In 1972, the Department of Health, Education, and Welfare and NASA started a television network meant to be an “informative/instructional network focused on providing real education through the medium of TV.”
3. In 1980 the network was privatized and became “The Learning Channel.”
5. They showed programs like these:
7. The channel concentrated on educational programming until the late ’90s when it started shifting focus.
- Thousands of rallies for climate change action were held around the world ahead of the United Nations climate talks in Paris.›
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- And Adele's "25" has sold a record 3.38 million copies in the U.S. in its first full week, Nielsen Music reported 🎤🏆 ›