1. In 1972, the Department of Health, Education, and Welfare and NASA started a television network meant to be an “informative/instructional network focused on providing real education through the medium of TV.”
3. In 1980 the network was privatized and became “The Learning Channel.”
5. They showed programs like these:
7. The channel concentrated on educational programming until the late ’90s when it started shifting focus.
- Robert L. Dear was identified as the suspected gunman in a fatal shooting at a Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs. ›
- World leaders will meet in Paris starting Monday to discuss a potential global climate change agreement. Here's what you need to know. ›
- Speaking of climate change, can you pass this basic quiz about it? ›