Staten Island was one of the areas hardest hit by Hurricane Sandy.
Just complete, utter devastation…
1. But now the people of Staten Island are rebuilding.
4. Neighbors are coming together.
9. Families are pitching in.
This picture was captioned on Instagram: “The Fleming family decided to drive around Staten Island giving out free coffee. Even that one cup of hot coffee made a big difference to people. New Yorkers are really getting on board these days by volunteering in the disaster areas. It’s a beautiful uplifting thing.”
14. Flags are being raised.
16. Supplies handed out.
17. Memories are being found.
Kate Traina looks at a strip of photographic negatives as she joined other family members as they were salvaging items from her grandparents’ home.
18. Pets are being reunited with their owners.
This picture was captioned: “So we’re cleaning at this house along the shore and all of the sudden we hear screaming… The family found their cat that they’ve been calling for days!”
23. But the people of Staten Island, along with our help, will make it.
- Uber has suspended its low-cost UberPOP service in France following protests last week.