16. March 2012: Cape-Slapped at the Vatican
What a bummer! He was having such a good service until his cape decided to slap him square in the face.
15. June 2012: The Milan Mega-Flop
Both hat and cape had a mind of their own on that awkward June day.
The Holy Spirit was not having it!
14. September 2012: The St. Pete’s Square Stroke of Bad Luck
Oh, dear Lord. Who could forget when Papa B’s cape blew up into his face at St. Petersburg Square?
Luckily, total disaster was averted when Monsignor Georg Gaenswein’s hand saved the day.
13. April 2012: Whiteout 2012
This was bad. The pope was reportedly unable to see for a couple of seconds.
12. March 2012: The Havana Happening
Blinded yet again, this time was particularly personal as members of his Cuban entourage laughed in the background. How embarrassing!
11. September 2010: Deuces Wild
Pope Benedict played it it cool through this unfortunate malfunction by throwing up a “peace” symbol.
But things got worse.
HELP THE MAN OUT, PEOPLE.
10. September 2007: The Austrian Accident
The pope always dresses up in Austria, and this September day in Vienna was no exception.
But nope. The cape was not cooperating.
9. May 2012: Pointed Problems
No idea what was happening that day, but one thing I can tell you is that the cape IS NOT supposed to do that! WTF, cape?!
8. September 2011: The Berlin Blow
Right in the kicker! Thankfully, the pope was able to recover fairly quickly after this one. Unfortunately, the paparazzi sees all!
7. June 2007: The Italian Cliffhanger
So close! Everyone in Assisi was wondering if the cape would blow over or not.
Big props to the guy on cape duty that day.
6. March 2012: The Cuban Crisis
Love the way he handled this one. The pope escaped this unfortunate debacle with only a few snickers. The man is a pro.
5. September 2011: The Awkward Arrival
Oh man. We’ve all been there. You know, when you meet someone new and your outfit totally isn’t working out that day. I feel you, Pope.
4. June 2011: Double Disaster
TWO members of the Pope Posse couldn’t stop this from happening. Ugh!
3. June 2011: Just One of Them Days (Don’t Take It Personal)
It was a day only the great Monica could understand.
2. June 2012: The Face-Mask Fiasco
Mother of Pearl! The pope’s face in this picture sums up that day.
Just completely exhausting.
1. October 2010: Hat-Winked
Toodle-oo, hat! It just wouldn’t stick that day.
- Mullah Omar, the Taliban's reclusive leader, died more than two years ago, Afghan officials say. The Taliban hasn't commented.
- Officials released new footage proving Sandra Bland was "alive and well" when her mugshot was taken. The release aims to counter social media rumors that she was deceased in the photo.
- Michel Platini, the current UEFA president, will be a candidate in the 2016 FIFA election to replace Sepp Blatter ⚽️