1. Representative Walsh is best known for her emotional speech on the Washington Senate floor. She was one of a few Republican representatives to vote in favor of gay marriage.
2. On November 6, Washingtonians will vote on Referendum 74. The measure, which would make gay marriage legal, is currently in favor of passing by 15 points.
3. Maureen Walsh is lending her voice to the Washington United For Marriage campaign. Check out her new PSA:
Deputy Editorial Director, Devout Member of the Church of Godney
Contact Matt Stopera at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In The News Today
- 26 people, thought to be refugees and migrants, were discovered in the back of a truck in Austria. ›
- Four people working for VICE News who were detained by Turkish authorities on Thursday while covering political clashes with police are set to face terrorism charges. ›
- Oliver Sacks, the famed neurologist and author, died Sunday from cancer. He was 82. ›