1. These two guys from Maryland who have been together for 40 years.
5. Lauren Snead and Katy Jayne.
They’re from Portland, Maine and plan to marry in the near future.
9. Washingtonians Rick Sturgiol and his partner of 34 years, Jim Malatak.
11. Jim and Steve from Saco, Maine, who have been together for 37 years.
13. Keesha Patterson of Ft. Washington, Maryland, who proposed to her girlfriend on election night.
15. These two ladies from Seattle.
17. This girl with two moms from Maryland.
22. This woman from Maryland.
25. And this little girl (with adorable and fashionable sunglasses) whose parents can FINALLY get married in Maryland.
Congrats to all!
- The family of Sandra Bland, who died in a Texas jail cell in July three days after she was detained during a traffic stop, filed a wrongful death lawsuit in federal court.
- Migrant deaths in the Mediterranean have exceeded 2,000, making 2015 the deadliest year for people trying to reach Europe, according to the International Organization for Migration.
- At least 24 homes have been lost and one firefighter killed as dozens of wildfires continue to ravage drought-stricken California.