1. It’s time to speak up and out loud about a problem with society that’s remained underground and undiscussed for far too long. That problem being that Romy and Michele are the most important cinematic duo of our time.
2. It’s time they receive the credit they deserve.
3. Romy and Michele are important for an infinite number of reasons.
4. Never in the entire history of cinema has an audience gotten to experience pure, natural friendship like this one.
5. First off, Romy and Michele should be acknowledged as early and original LGBT warriors for their support and acceptance of marriage equality issues.
6. They also invented a fun new diet that actually works.
7. Romy and Michele must also be commended for their brave, early embrace of new technology.
8. They were true tech queens.
9. The two brought out a new lexicon of terms and phrases known and used by all.
10. Basically they made big words cool again.
11. Unlike normal cinematic pairs, they talked about actual real shit, like throwing up in public…
12. …”knowing” the words to “Footloose”…
13. …the point of going out in public…
14. …and scaring little boys.
15. We’ve all been there before.
16. They also just talked like normal people who are totally infatuated with men.
17. Their thirst was so real.
18. Romy and Michele were also great role models. They truly made the best of every bad situation.
19. They knew the most important rule of life: No pain, no gain.
20. And they weren’t afraid of calling a bitch a “bitch.”
21. Romy and Michele were before their time on nearly all trends involving fashion.
22. They were workout style legends…
23. …and their “heels on a treadmill” have become iconic.
24. While it may seem like Romy and Michele were one-dimensional friends without problems or beef or drama… that simply isn’t true! There was that time they got in argument about who lost their virginity first…
25. …and you’d be lying to me if you told me you didn’t get emotional when they temporarily broke up.
26. I die. Like actually get teary-eyed every time I watch this part.
27. Ultimately, what made Romy and Michele true cinematic queens was their ability to put nasty bitches in their places.
28. They gave us an archetype of friendship that was so goddamn true and accurate.
29. Their supreme loyalty to each other is unparalleled and unseen in cinema.
30. They are heroes.
31. In conclusion, I’ll leave you with this scene because it sums their friendship up quite nicely.
37. Take note Academy or Foreign Press or whoever does those Oscars awards, this movie and this duo deserve something…
- Turkey's military released an audio recording of what it says were warnings to the Russian warplane before it was downed near Syria's border. ›
- Protesters marched in Chicago for the second night in a row after the release of a video showing the police shooting of black teen Laquan McDonald. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›