1. It’s time to speak up and out loud about a problem with society that’s remained underground and undiscussed for far too long. That problem being that Romy and Michele are the most important cinematic duo of our time.
2. It’s time they receive the credit they deserve.
3. Romy and Michele are important for an infinite number of reasons.
4. Never in the entire history of cinema has an audience gotten to experience pure, natural friendship like this one.
Touchstone Pictures / Via thebohoprincess.tumblr.com
5. First off, Romy and Michele should be acknowledged as early and original LGBT warriors for their support and acceptance of marriage equality issues.
6. They also invented a fun new diet that actually works.
Touchstone Pictures / Via moodystalks.tumblr.com
7. Romy and Michele must also be commended for their brave, early embrace of new technology.
Touchstone Pictures / Via i-invented-post-its.tumblr.com
8. They were true tech queens.
Touchstone Pictures / Via misssuneyedgirl.tumblr.com
9. The two brought out a new lexicon of terms and phrases known and used by all.
Touchstone Pictures / Via thisrelatestomeme.tumblr.com
10. Basically they made big words cool again.
11. Unlike normal cinematic pairs, they talked about actual real shit, like throwing up in public…
12. …”knowing” the words to “Footloose”…
13. …the point of going out in public…
Touchstone Pictures / Via fuckyeah-chickflicks.tumblr.com
14. …and scaring little boys.
15. We’ve all been there before.
16. They also just talked like normal people who are totally infatuated with men.
17. Their thirst was so real.
18. Romy and Michele were also great role models. They truly made the best of every bad situation.
19. They knew the most important rule of life: No pain, no gain.
20. And they weren’t afraid of calling a bitch a “bitch.”
21. Romy and Michele were before their time on nearly all trends involving fashion.
Touchstone Pictures / Via allthatsmack.tumblr.com