1. So, if you didn’t already know, this is our girl McKayla. McKayla’s flawless vault (the judges were egregiously wrong by not giving her a perfect score) stole the show at the women’s gymnastics team final.
2. Take a moment to relive her legendary vault one more time:
4. McKayla lit’rally made the judges jaws drop.
7. Anyways, McKayla has basically become THE face of the women’s team gymnastics gold medal.
(Ignore Bob Costas’ hair)
8. The President even knows her.
9. But more importantly, Lady Gaga tweeted at her!
11. But let’s rewind a bit. Here’s her elementary school yearbook quote. She’s always wanted it.
14. It’s also cool how she got to go to the games with Kyla, her childhood best friend.
15. I mean, come on, how cute are they?!?!?!
20. But when the time comes, she doesn’t mess around.
21. She’s focused.
23. Seriously, no one on Team USA can walk like McKayla Maroney can walk.
25. She’s also really tough. A month ago she had a concussion and a fractured nose!
26. And McKayla’s just like, “yeah whatever, and your point is??”
28. She knows it.
29. Yeah, even this happens to McKayla.
30. But whatever, she can balance on the knees of an English guard.
31. And basically float.
33. She came up with Team USA’s name.
36. Have I mentioned she’s the best vaulter in the world?
39. In conclusion, “who’s the best, McKayla?”
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- World leaders are gathering in Paris for the United Nations summit on climate change 🌍 ›
- And Kobe Bryant wrote a poem announcing that he's retiring from professional basketball at the end of this season 🏀🎭 ›