14. “Hail Holy Queen” pre-Sister Mary Clarence
Highlight: Sister Alma absolutely crushing it on the piano.
Number of chills felt: Basically none. I get slightly excited for the Sister Alma piano slam though.
Lyrical highlight: Sister Mary Patrick’s unrestrained “Triumph all ye Cherubim” is quite good, though a little loud.
Sister Mary Clarence sums it up best:
13. “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough” from the credits of “Sister Act 2”
Highlight: The group together singing as one. It shows just how far they’ve come. The power of song! AMEN!
Number of chills felt: 15. I basically get chills every time a new member of the class comes on and sings a solo. It’s heartwarming. You’re also still coming off the high of them winning the choir competition. I’m smiling just thinking about it.
Lyrical highlight: Lauryn Hill’s riffs. Sister Mary Lazarus’ “now wait a minute” in the beginning is pretty great as well. Such a powerful voice.
12. The “Rescue Me” montage from “Sister Act 1”
Highlight: Sister Mary Clarence applying some type of wood finish to the pews.
Number of chills felt: 1. When she sits down next to the dog it’s kind of sad. You really feel for her.
Lyrical highlight: It’s a classic song, so I guess when she says “Rescue me.”
11. The “Just A Touch Of Love” montage from “Sister Act 1”
Highlight: Sister Mary Patrick’s iconic hip hop dance moves.
Number of chills felt: I get mega chills when the nuns walk into the gate in the beginning. Very powerful. Besides that, I get various bursts of chills whenever they are helping the community. It’s inspiring.
Lyrical highlight: All of it. C&C Music Factory is perfect for a montage.
10. “Get Up Offa That Thing” from “Sister Act 2”
Highlight: Sister Mary Mother Fucking Clarence! What a great vocalist. She brings back some of her Vegas showgirl/entertainer vibes.
Number of chills felt: I got super chilled when Sister Mary Clarence falls to the ground and Sister Mary Roberts puts a shiny green robe on her.
Lyrical highlight: “Get up offa tha thing.” Brill. What a smart lyric.
Also this hat:
9. “Ball Of Confusion” from “Sister Act 2”
Highlight: I have a soft spot for Sister Alma so songs that showcase her unique piano skills are gold in my book.
Number of chills felt: About 7.
Lyrical highlight: The “oy vey” at the end is fairly epic.
8. “Wake Up And Pay Attention” from “Sister Act 2”
Highlight: The class coming together and showing off their vocal ability. The class CAN REALLY SING.
Number of chills felt: A bunch.
Lyrical highlight: “Can we waken this up a little?”
7. Deloris & The Ronelles lounge medley
Highlight: Sister Mary Clarence’s hair.
Number of chills felt: Every time the songs flawlessly meld into each other. Such a classic use of medley.
Lyrical highlight: “Heatwaaaaave” and “you don’t give a shit.”
6. “My God” from “Sister Act 1”
Highlight: All of the sister’s unique personalities! The lines perfectly match their IRL nun personas.
Number of chills felt: 14. I get especially chilly when they break it down at the end.
Lyrical highlight: “WE ARE!!”
5. “His Eye Is On The Sparrow” from “Sister Act 2”
Highlight: Lauryn Hill killing it with this random girl.
Number of chills felt: 84. It’s so soothing.
Lyrical highlight: “His eye is on the spaaaaarow.” The vocal delivery is A+.
4. “I Will Follow Him” from “Sister Act 1”
Highlight: Obviously the Pope.
Number of chills felt: About a thousand.
Lyrical highlight: Sister Mary Roberts absolutely S-L-A-Y-I-N-G the “oh yeah I love him” part. I’m a Sister Mary Roberts Stan so everything she does sounds flawless to me.
This comment sums up watching this video best:
3. “Joyful Joyful” from “Sister Act 2”
Highlight: When the random stage hand lady tells them “TAKE OFF THEIR ROBES.” Also the sign language interpretator behind Lauryn Hill in the beginning.
Number of chills felt: 2500.
Lyrical highlight: Lauryn Hill’s opening and also that rap. “You down with G-O-D? YEAH YOU KNOW ME.” Classic.
2. “Oh Maria” from “Sister Act 1”
Highlight: QUEEN SISTER MARY ROBERTS.
Number of chills felt: 10k. Sister Mary Roberts “getting her voice” always chokes me up.
Lyrical highlight: “HALLELUJAAAAAAH.” Also SMR’s “sweeeeeet seraphim.”
1. “Oh Happy Day” from “Sister Act 2”
Highlight: THE HIGH NOTE, DUH. Also Sister Mary Clarence’s epic and inspiring turnaround after hearing that note.
Number of chills felt: 2420983490823409823409820934.
Lyrical highlight: “WHEN MY JESUS WAAAAASHED”
- Airplane debris discovered Wednesday on the coast of the French island of Réunion "very likely" belongs to the same type of aircraft as missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak said.
- A University of Cincinnati officer has been charged with murder for shooting Samuel Dubose, an unarmed black man.
- Uber drivers waiting for ride requests near the International Airport of Mexico City were pelted with rocks, sticks, eggs, and flour on Wednesday. Local authorities are investigating the incident.