1. “Tabby Cat with Blackbird” by Doug Mackenzie Dodds
A domestic cat carries its nestling prey in Berkshire, England, in a highly commended picture in the “Urban Wildlife” category.
2. “Fox Yawning” by Oliver Wilks
Oliver Wilks, 16, captured this picture of a red fox awakening on a sunny October afternoon in Sussex, England.
3. “It’s Only a Game” by Neil Aldridge.
“Although I don’t shoot, I didn’t want to pass up the opportunity to photograph one of Britain’s traditional country ‘sports,’” Aldridge said.
4. “Summer Insects” by Ross Hoddinott
This photo won the “Seasons” category.
5. “Grey Seal Beneath Cliffs” by Alexander Mustard
This picture was highly commended in the “Coast and Marine” category.
6. “Grey Heron Walking on Water” by
This photo won the “Animal Behavior” category.
7. “Llyn Idwal—War and Peace” by Graham Eaton
Welsh mountain peaks known as the Devil’s Kitchen tower above the algae-filled waters of Llyn Idwal in a split-level picture, the winner of the “Living Landscapes” category.
8. “Jellyfish in the Blue Sea” by Richard Shucksmith
This photo was the overall winner. It was taken near the tiny Scottish island of Sula Sgeir.