1. He’s not part of the Disney machine
Bieber is an underdog: When he was pitched to record labels they told him he didn’t stand a chance without Disney or a TV show. Well, fuck that. Bieber did it on his own.
2. He’s a grass roots success
Bieber is one of the first legit “YouTube sensations.” He was discovered on YouTube by a record exec.
3. He is really talented (and bilingual!)
In this clip, Bieber sings a medley of three songs. The first is in French. FRENCH. He also replaces “Baby” with “Haiti.” “Haiti, Haiti, Haiti, Ohhhh.” Genius!
4. 16-year-olds can be good musicians too!
Justin Timberlake, Usher, and Michael Jackson were all famous at 16.
5. All teen idols go through an awkward hair stage
Remember Justin Timberlake’s frosted jheri curls?
6. He’s charming, but not douchey
I don’t really get a douchey vibe from Bieber. When he hits on Barbara Walters, I’m like “awww.”
7. Conan and Bieber have a ~thing~
Conan is all about Bieber lately. His Twitter is practically dedicated to him.
8. He’s into animal rights
Bieb loves his dog. He’s the face of PETA2. Adopt! Nice!
It’s just fun to say it. Try it. “Bieb.”
10. It’s pretty cool to see a 16-year-old hanging out with Usher and Ludacris
The kid gets Chinese food with Usher. That’s cool.
11. His new CD is good!
Rollingstone says: Those who dismiss Bieber out of hand are missing out on a seriously good pop record, one that mines vintage teen-pop themes but plays like a primer on 2010-model bubblegum.
12. He doesn’t like Uggs
Yes! Me too!
13. You can’t fight a good pop song
Think: “I Want It That Way” “Since You’ve Been Gone” “Bad Romance.” “Baby” is a GREAT pop song.
Here Are The Top Stories