1. Gimmicks are encouraged.
A Yankees affiliate showed up on opening day in Yellow Taxi Cabs.
5. Kurt Russell was a .292 hitter during 4 years in the minors.
6. Randy Mario Poffo was a minor league baseball player before he became “Macho Man” Randy Savage.
11. And Chewbacca!
13. This is how managers act when they’re thrown out of the game.
14. Because the minors are the setting for arguably the funniest baseball movie ever: Bull Durham
16. The Fort Worth Miracle’s George Costanza Night
The scoreboard ran from the ninth inning to the first, fans were paid money to park, teams wore the opposite home/road uniforms and the players asked the fans for autographs.
17. The Charleston Riverdogs Nobody Night
In an effort to set a record for lowest attendance for a baseball game, the Riverdogs locked fans out of the stadium until the 5th inning when the attendance was recorded.