1. Gimmicks are encouraged.
A Yankees affiliate showed up on opening day in Yellow Taxi Cabs.
2. They’re prepared with Mario Brothers in case the game sucks.
5. Kurt Russell was a .292 hitter during 4 years in the minors.
6. Randy Mario Poffo was a minor league baseball player before he became “Macho Man” Randy Savage.
11. And Chewbacca!
13. This is how managers act when they’re thrown out of the game.
14. Because the minors are the setting for arguably the funniest baseball movie ever: Bull Durham
16. The Fort Worth Miracle’s George Costanza Night
The scoreboard ran from the ninth inning to the first, fans were paid money to park, teams wore the opposite home/road uniforms and the players asked the fans for autographs.
17. The Charleston Riverdogs Nobody Night
In an effort to set a record for lowest attendance for a baseball game, the Riverdogs locked fans out of the stadium until the 5th inning when the attendance was recorded.
18. Where else can you bash a printer on a professional baseball field?
24. Teams even let you pee on their logo if you feel like it.
25. You might see a superstar during a rehab game…
26. An up and coming superstar before he reaches the majors…
27. And you might even know the name of this “minor league guy.”
28. You can’t sumo wrestle on the first base line at Yankee Stadium.
29. And most importantly, Bill Murray doesn’t do this at major-league games!
- Turkey's military released an audio recording of what it says were warnings to the Russian warplane before it was downed near Syria's border. ›
- Protesters marched in Chicago for the second night in a row after the release of a video showing the police shooting of black teen Laquan McDonald. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›