1. Gimmicks are encouraged.
A Yankees affiliate showed up on opening day in Yellow Taxi Cabs.
5. Kurt Russell was a .292 hitter during 4 years in the minors.
11. And Chewbacca!
13. This is how managers act when they’re thrown out of the game.
14. Because the minors are the setting for arguably the funniest baseball movie ever: Bull Durham
16. The Fort Worth Miracle’s George Costanza Night
The scoreboard ran from the ninth inning to the first, fans were paid money to park, teams wore the opposite home/road uniforms and the players asked the fans for autographs.
17. The Charleston Riverdogs Nobody Night
In an effort to set a record for lowest attendance for a baseball game, the Riverdogs locked fans out of the stadium until the 5th inning when the attendance was recorded.
25. You might see a superstar during a rehab game…
26. An up and coming superstar before he reaches the majors…
28. You can’t sumo wrestle on the first base line at Yankee Stadium.
29. And most importantly, Bill Murray doesn’t do this at major-league games!
- The top U.S. commander in Afghanistan called the hospital bombing that killed 22 people "a mistake." ›
- Historic flooding has killed 16 people in South Carolina, where rain finally stopped falling on Tuesday. ›
- Takaaki Kajita and Arthur McDonald won the Nobel Prize in physics for their discovery that neutrinos have mass. ›