4. He ate the hearts of Cleveland Browns fans.
Sorry, Browns fans.
5. Baseball? Yeah, that was just too easy for him.
Elway was a second round draft pick of the New York Yankees in 1981 and earned $140,000 for signing. In a short season in Single A ball for the Oneonta Yankees he hit .318 with four home runs, 25 RBIs, 13 stolen bases and a .432 on-base-percentage in 42 games. But he was always a football player at heart.
8. He made Terry Bradshaw eat humble pie.
The former Steelers QB didn’t like Elway’s demand for a trade after he was drafted by the Colts with the No. 1 overall pick in 1983. Bradshaw said he should stick to baseball because he’d never win in the NFL.
15. Newspapers think he’s still setting touchdown records even though he retired 15 years ago.
After Peyton Manning threw for an NFL record seven touchdown passes in the Broncos’ season opener against the reigning Super Bowl champion Baltimore Ravens, the Columbus Dispatch ran this headline the next day.
22. He always remembers to put Jon Bon Jovi in his place, because someone has to.
Yeah, of course John Elway appeared on the hit NBC show Las Vegas.
25. Then 29 years later, he signed the greatest player in Colts franchise history to come play for Denver.
KARMA DOES NOT EFFECT JOHN ELWAY.
26. Hugh Hefner takes pictures of him.
And this Sunday he might just win another Super Bowl, because, well, you know…
- Voting is underway in New Hampshire, the second nominating contest of the U.S. 2016 presidential election 🇺🇸
- At least 9 people are dead and 150 others injured after two trains collided in Bavaria, Germany, local police say.
- The Pentagon has confirmed that North Korea successfully launched a satellite into orbit on Sunday night.