It’s truly amazing how New York Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez continues to make headlines for his stupidity even when he’s nowhere near a football. This week, Vines and video have surfaced of the Jets QB having a wine, e-cigarette and no-pants party in Napa with some people he obviously shouldn’t have trusted.
Over the course of his short — but incredibly eventful — career Sanchez has demonstrated quite the penchent for stupidity on and off the field. He’s known for famously hooking up with a 17-year-old and one of the most infamous plays in football history — the butt fumble.
Jets fans are sick of his performances on Sundays and tired of his bullshit from every other day of the week. However no one has been quite able to shine a light on exactly what Sanchez’s problem is, until now. Erik Ainge was the Jets backup quarterback for two years under Sanchez. In an interview with Metro he told some stories of Sanchez’s penchant for getting naked in the presence of cell phones and summed up Sanchez’s tragic flaw in the most brilliant way possible.
7. Okay, read that again.
He’s dumb about it. He’s stupid while being stupid. You have to be smart while being stupid, and he’s dumb while being dumb.
9. Mark Sanchez in a nutshell…
11. Thank you Erik Ainge. Your Edible Arrangement is in the mail.
h/t Barry Petchesky at Deadspin
- The CIA has officially—but very quietly—admitted that some allegations about its torture program were true.
- The U.S. government is suing Ferguson, Missouri, after the city tried to change a negotiated police reform settlement.
- New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie has dropped out of the 2016 Republican presidential race after poor results in New Hampshire 🇺🇸