By now you’ve probably heard that LeBron James announced that he’ll be leaving the Miami Heat to return to the Cleveland Cavaliers. Heat fans have gotten a lot of crap for “hopping on the bandwagon” since LeBron came to town, but judging by the reaction to today’s news it appears the sports world unfairly stereotyped Miami fans as a whole. They truly seem devastated.
1. These grown men avoiding eye contact because the pain is TOO REAL.
2. This girl drowning her sorrows in a sweet mojito.
7. And working out in a desperate attempt to forget today ACTUALLY HAPPENED!
8. They took to the beach to stare out into the LeBron-less abyss.
9. Giving thumbs up… when their heart says thumbs down.
10. Some are staying home — avoiding human contact at all costs.
11. Mojitos seem to be the popular companion for their broken hearts.
13. Lifeguards don’t know why lives are worth saving anymore.
14. Happy hours across the city started before noon.
15. People are forgetting to re-apply sun screen because they CAN’T STOP THINKING ABOUT ‘BRON.
16. They can’t even stand in shallow water because their knees are weak with sadness.
17. Mojitos are the official the drink of the hopeless fan.
19. People are inducing brainfreezes just so they can forget.
20. People are putting on brave faces… but you can see the anguish.
21. Some can’t even show their face to the camera, because they’re too full of EMOTIONS.
22. They’re toasting to the good times they used to have.
23. Giving bittersweet standing ovations in thanks for LeBron’s time in South Beach.
24. Smiling nostalgically about 2012 when all was right with the world.
25. They’re desperately trying to fight back the tears.
26. Some people can’t even muster the strength to walk to the beach, so they stayed at the pool.
31. Hopefully one day they’ll find happiness again.
Stay strong, Miami. You’ll get through this!
- The man accused in Friday's Planned Parenthood shooting in Colorado made his first court appearance. Charges are expected to be formally filed on Dec. 9. ›
- Cyber Monday 2015 could be the biggest online sales day in history, according to data from Adobe. Shoppers are on track to spend nearly $3 billion 💳📲
- And there's a hilarious new rap meme of Pope Francis, thanks to a photo taken over the weekend of him giving his blessing 🙏🎤 ›