1. Here’s Bill Simmons and Zach Lowe discussing the 2/22 Lakers vs. Blazers game on the BS Report.
Bill Simmons: “The Lakers are not going away. They’re going to get in and it’s just a question to me of who falls out… I was more bullish after I watched the game two Fridays ago after I saw the Lakers shot three times as many free throws as Portland. And I was like ‘ah, okay, I forgot about this variable. The Lakers get every call variable.’”
Zach Lowe: “You know what was fun about that game? I didn’t watch that game, it wasn’t one of the games I picked for that night. So I was reading the blog recaps and even the Blazers blog was of course going crazy about the refs. The Lakers blogs were even saying ‘oh yea the refs, it did seem like we were getting every call.’ NBA.com’s video recap, you know those three minute clips they have? The refs not mentioned. Free throws not mentioned. It was just ‘oh look at these exciting highlights.’”
2. Here’s a moment from that game. Notice LaMarcus Aldridge has perfect post position on Meta World Peace.
3. Foul on Aldridge.
4. Here’s Kobe Bryant smacking rookie guard Damien Lillard on top of the head as he’s taking a three.
5. No call.
But it’s not just that game.
7. Here’s Dirk getting blatantly fouled on the forearm by Meta World Peace.
8. No call.
9. Here’s DeMarcus Cousins drawing contact down three with 21 seconds left.
10. No call.
11. Here’s Kobe and Dwight Howard hacking Ricky Rubio on a game-tying 3-pointer as time expires.
12. No call.
13. Here’s Kenneth Faried getting thrown to the floor by Dwight Howard.
14. Foul on Faried.
- Greece's finance minister has resigned following an overwhelming "no" vote on new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds. The country's future in the eurozone is uncertain.
- More than 1 million people are expected to attend Pope Francis' mass in Ecuador on Monday.