Two months ago, Charles Barkley told TMZ cameras that “black people don’t play beer pong” in response to pictures that surfaced of Michael Jordan playing the drinking game at a Miami hotel. This week, the Basketball Hall of Famer and TNT analyst appeared on HLN and was challenged to the first beer pong game of his life. He had some groundbreaking thoughts on our college bros national pastime.
1. “I wanna lose this game apparently.”
2. “Why would you wanna make it? I want you to win.”
3. “This game ain’t a fun game because you want the other person to make more baskets than you do apparently.”
4. “I don’t understand why you have to go through all this hard work just to drink beer.”
5. “At Auburn we just picked up the beer.”
And then after a couple lukewarm beers and a few minutes of complaining Sir Charles changed his tune.
“This is not a bad game.”
Watch the whole ground breaking segment:
- A Guatemalan judge ordered former President Otto Perez Molina held in jail overnight while hearings over the corruption scandal that led to his resignation take place. ›
- Prosecutors will seek the death penalty for Dylann Roof, accused of killing nine people in a Charleston church in June. ›
- The Justice Dept. has tightened rules on cell phone tracking, forcing federal agencies to get a warrant. ›