1. St Andrews is, without a doubt, the most beautiful place in the world.
How many other people can say that they went to university on the beach?
2. It’s a place where every student is best friends with their first year warden.
Which makes university feel a bit like boarding school.
3. Everyone dresses like this.
Hunters, Barbour jackets and red trousers have become your uniform.
4. And every minor event is celebrated with a beach bonfire.
5. All the best St Andrews nights out involve port and cheese.
6. Then move onto a Bop.
Where you’ll exclusively meet freshers and retiring professors.
8. The next morning, nothing will cure your hangover like a North Point pancake.
9. Which you definitely needed after Raisin Sunday.
Let’s be honest: you didn’t make it past 10pm.
10. In order to refuel for Monday’s foam fight.
12. But that’s OK. No one knows as many ’00s hit as DJ Ian.
13. You understand the importance of never stepping on the PH.
14. Or forgetting to wear your gown.
15. Or resisting sex with your academic family.
16. And if you do forget, there’s only one thing for it.
It’s time for a May Dip. And nothing is colder than swimming at 5am on 1 May.
17. Every time you go home, your family ask if you’ve met your prince yet.
19. And every time they visit you, you play golf here.
20. Which means you’ve got a picture of yourself on this bridge.
21. You’ve also got a picture of yourself with a celebrity during Dunhill. It’s probably Hugh Grant.
22. You’re never more than 10 minutes away from all your closest friends.
That’s because St Andrews comprises three streets.
23. Unless you live in DRA.
More like D faR Away LOLOLOLOLOLOL.
24. Which is just as well because you never see your home friends anymore.
Your term times are inexplicably entirely different from every other university.
25. You know that going to Tesco between 4-7pm means queueing for at least three hours.
26. But if you go to Sainsburys, you’ll inevitably bump into all of your professors.
27. A combination of American and Scottish traditions make up your calendar.
Burns Night and Thanksgiving are the best.
28. But Christmas and May Ball are the most magical times of the year.
Kinkell Byre almost feels like home.