1. First, the journalist asked the soldier to identify himself. He smiled and said “I can’t.”
3. The reporter asked: Which army are you from? The soldier replied, “You can’t guess?”
4. The journalist said: “My thing isn’t to guess.” The soldier said: “Our thing is to say nothing.”
5. Finally, the journalist asked: “Are you local?” The soldier started to bite. “Us?”
6. “We are Russians.” BAM.
7. Then this random guy with a leather jacket showed up and said the soldiers were there protecting Crimea from fascists. “If these soldiers weren’t here, they’d be here. Germans! Fascists!” OK.
8. If you speak Russian, watch the whole video here:
Miriam Elder is the world editor for BuzzFeed News and is based in New York. Her secure PGP fingerprint is 7217 BCE0 F2F3 1AD8 943A B334 208B 3E4A 03F4 6E9D
Contact Miriam Elder at email@example.com.
Here Are The Top Stories
- A conservation group in Zimbabwe reported that Jericho, the brother of beloved lion Cecil, was shot and killed by a hunter. But some scientists monitoring the pride believe he is OK.
- Joe Biden has begun to "actively explore a possible presidential campaign," the New York Times reports.
- The trooper who pulled over Sandra Bland was disciplined for "unprofessional conduct" in the fall of 2014, records show.