1. First, the journalist asked the soldier to identify himself. He smiled and said “I can’t.”
3. The reporter asked: Which army are you from? The soldier replied, “You can’t guess?”
4. The journalist said: “My thing isn’t to guess.” The soldier said: “Our thing is to say nothing.”
5. Finally, the journalist asked: “Are you local?” The soldier started to bite. “Us?”
6. “We are Russians.” BAM.
7. Then this random guy with a leather jacket showed up and said the soldiers were there protecting Crimea from fascists. “If these soldiers weren’t here, they’d be here. Germans! Fascists!” OK.
8. If you speak Russian, watch the whole video here:
Miriam Elder is the world editor for BuzzFeed News and is based in New York. Her secure PGP fingerprint is 7217 BCE0 F2F3 1AD8 943A B334 208B 3E4A 03F4 6E9D
Contact Miriam Elder at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here Are The Top Stories
- More debris – believed to be part of the missing aircraft MH370 – has been found washed up on the Indian Ocean island of Réunion on Sunday.
- Cilla Black, the legendary English singer and TV star, has died at her home in Spain, according to local police. She was 72 years old.
- A conservation group at Oxford University told BuzzFeed News that media reports of Jericho's death were not true and that the 11-year-old lion was "alive and well".