1. This is Dmitry Kiselyov. He hosts a show on Channel One, a TV station owned by the Kremlin. He’s kind of like Russia’s propagandist-in-chief.
3. The latest episode of his weekly news roundup show dealt with — what else, the crisis in Ukraine. Near the top of the hour, he ran this banner with a picture of Obama and the words: “Gray in the head.”
“You know, it seems to me that even U.S. President Barack Obama went gray over the last week. I’m probably not the only one who noticed.”
4. “I think gray hair suits Obama. In any case, it makes his appearance look more noble. But the question is: why did Obama go gray so fast?”
The obvious implication: stress over losing the crisis in Ukraine.
5. (Here’s a picture of Obama in Sept. 2013, by the way, already looking pretty gray.)
6. Kiselyov teased the West for pulling out of a planned G8 Summit in Sochi as a means of punishing Russia over its incursion into Ukraine. “If there’s nothing to talk about, why does Obama keep calling Putin?”
“Obama got grayer and grayer. I admit it can be a coincidence, but Obama’s interlocutor is not so simple.”
7. Ok, enough with the hair. Let’s switch topics, Dmitry. Why don’t we talk about…
9. “Russia is the only country in the world that is really capable of turning the U.S. into radioactive ash.”