1. Last week, Michelle Obama joined the campaign to #BringBackOurGirls, for the hundreds of schoolgirls kidnapped by the Islamist group Boko Haram in Nigeria.
2. The backlash came swiftly, with Twitter users calling out the administration’s policy of using drones around the world.
3. The hashtags were direct — #WeCantBringBackOurDead.
5. Some Photoshopped the sign Michelle Obama was holding in her Instagram pic.
9. Here the Photoshopped image shows a giant picture recently laid out in Pakistan to draw the attention of U.S. drone operators to child victims.
10. This image shows a picture of Abdulrahman al-Awlaki, a 16-year-old U.S. citizen killed in a drone strike in Yemen.
11. A final Photoshopped image shows Malala Yousafzai, the young Pakistani activist who has been active in drawing attention to the Nigerian schoolgirls, holding Photoshopped commentary on the drone strike campaign.
- Illinois' attorney general has asked the U.S. Department of Justice's Civil Rights Division to investigate Chicago's police department. ›
- It's World AIDS Day — 35 million people have died from AIDS-related conditions, and more than 34 million people are living with the disease. ›
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg says he'll give away 99% of his Facebook shares (worth $45 billion today) over the course of his life. ›