1. This weekend rare heavy rains flooded Riyadh, the capital of Saudi Arabia — and everyone freaked out.
3. Poor government preparedness further exacerbated the flood damage.
5. The rains flooded major motorways.
6. Closed schools.
7. And created a harrowing supermarket rush.
8. In the battle of human versus weather, Saudi rescue services floundered.
9. Some Saudis braved the rain to record videos of their fancy cars getting trashed.
In this video, a man shouts at cars not to come through — but not everyone listens.