1. The Guy With A Guitar
Sitting on the backrest of the couch, plucking those sweet guitar strings…
2. Partying Australians/Canadians
He and his friend would drink shots every morning and never really stop.
3. The Gap-Year Student
A year away from school to explore the world? Everyone trying to cram a country in two weeks annual leave is insanely jealous of these “students.”
4. The Wannabe Local
He’s been in this country so long that he’s speaking the language, dressing like a local, and explaining why their customs are better!
5. The Drunk Girl
She can drink more than anyone else at the hostel, but that doesn’t mean she can handle her booze. She’ll wake up the next morning a mess and missing her phone and passport.
6. The Male Slut
He’s charming! He’s also riddled with STDs. Hook up at your own risk!
7. The Girl With A Boyfriend
He might be real. Or he might be a convenient excuse to fend off all the guys trying to get with her.
8. The Guy In A Long-Distance Relationship
She is real! And has no idea what her boyfriend is doing miles away in a hostel while texting her how much he loves her. Watch out for those or you’ll end up being the reason for someone’s broken heart.
9. The One That Never Left
He set up residence in the hostel and never left. Usually changing some bed sheets and doing some hostel cleaning in exchange for a bed.
10. The Slob
a person who is lazy and has low standards of cleanliness.
“He’s a slob and expects others to clean up after him”
Synonyms: layabout, good-for-nothing, sluggard, slug, laggard
11. The Lone Ranger
They are traveling alone. You’ll see them doing yoga by themselves on the beach, walking alone, taking pictures. And just as easily they slide away unnoticed to wherever these individuals go.
12. The Moneybag
This guy shows up with the latest name-brand outfit, tons of the newest Apple equipment, and 10 credit cards sponsored by his well-to-do parents. Although he’s on this trip to find himself, he’s really just traveling on his parents’ money!
13. The Phone Addict
The one whose first question at the check-in is the Wi-Fi password. Check-in, Instagram, Facebook, Tweet, check-in again, post, comment, like… You rarely get the luxury of their attention.
15. The Hippie Traveler
They might be friendly, interesting, and share their alternative lifestyle views; or they might be annoying with their naive rants against corporations, establishments, and systems.
16. The Obnoxiously Happy Couple
Well aren’t they cute, with their matching backpacks and their shared experiences.
17. The Passport Stamps Collector
These guys are also known as “destination tickers.”
18. The Hardcore Volunteer
- The U.S. airstrike on a Doctors Without Borders hospital that killed at least 30 people last month happened as a "direct result of avoidable human error," the Pentagon said. ›
- All charges have been dismissed against a popular protest organizer in Chicago. He was arrested Tuesday during protests over a video showing the police shooting of a black teen. ›
- Frank Gifford's family says the NFL star had CTE, the degenerative brain disease linked to football. He died in August. ›