1. Berkeley, California based engineer Dan Granett recently launched what can only be described as a very bold Kickstarter campaign.
His goal is to build a human scale prototype (like the computer rendered one above) for what he calls “the most amazing robot ever devised,” the BugJuggler!
2. What is the BugJuggler? Why a seven-story tall robot that juggles cars, of course!
3. According to its website, the BugJuggler could be used for robotic entertainment.
The image above is a concept of a performance at a monster truck event.
4. So far backers have only pledged $556 toward the campaign’s $50,000 goal.
As of this writing, however, there are still 38 days to go, so the dream of giant juggling robots is still very real! Visit the Kickstarter here.
An earlier version of this story said the proposed robot would be seventy stories tall instead of seven.
- U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry will travel to Cuba later this summer for the opening of a U.S. embassy there.
- Nicholas Winton, who saved more than 650 Jewish children from the Holocaust, died at 106.
- The fire at a South Carolina black church late Tuesday night wasn't arson, according to a preliminary investigation.